40000-Series Super Starters feature the torque and speed needed to start large displacement, high-compression engines, made possible by a powerful 3.0 HP (2.2kW) motor and 3.75:1 gear reduction drive assembly. Tilton’s Heavy Duty solenoid (P/N 54-422HD) comes standard beginning August 2015, allowing 40000-Series Super Starters to reliably handle 16 volts and provide the extra speed needed to spin engines fast enough for locked-out magnetos.
- Powerful 3.0 HP motor and gear reduction provides high torque to start large, high compression engines.
- Heavy Duty solenoid reliably handles 16 volts
- Precision machined components are held to critical tolerances, ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Internal vibration damping and electrical insulation provide longevity and maximum performance.
- Thread locking compound is used on all fasteners and are secured to precise specifications.
- Serrated belleville lock washers are used to ensure fasteners stay in place through severe vibrations and heat cycles.
Every 40000-series super starter is made with top quality, 100% new components, assembled by highly trained technicians and individually dyno-tested to assure quality. Over 30 years of listening to feedback from motorsports customers has gone into the constant development of these starters, making them the choice for the most demanding applications. Click on the sample dyno sheet below to see how each 40000-Series Super Starter is checked prior to being shipped:
40000-Series Super Starters are available as an upgrade to many original equipment (OE) starters, and for many specialty/custom applications. Additionally, the 40000-Series is available with standard or reverse rotation on certain models.