52-Series 7.25″ driveline packages were originally designed specifically for use in the NASCAR “Car of Tomorrow,” but are also suitable for other applications that require a 7.25″ clutch and rear-mounted starter. 52-Series 7.25″ driveline packages include a bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, hydraulic release bearing, Super Starter and related hardware.
52-Series 7.25″ driveline packages include:
- Rigid aluminum bellhousing resists flexing, allowing maximum power to be transferred to the wheels and minimized wear to driveline components.
- Integral mounting “ears”, with flanged inserts, for use as a rear engine mount.
- Bulkhead-mounted fittings for release bearing hydraulic lines.
- Provisions for cam-driven fuel pump.
- Blueprinted for parallelism and concentricity.
- 7.25″ OT-II metallic clutch assembly provides race proven performance and reliability.
- Clutch discs feature 8-rivet hub design for maximum attachment strength.
- Billet steel 110-tooth (9.16″) flywheel offers low inertia, precision balance and reliability.
- Clutch mounting studs provide high strength and simplified clutch installation/removal.
Hydraulic Release Bearing
- Billet aluminum body and piston.
- Built-in positive stop limits piston travel to prevent over-stroking of the clutch.
- High temperature quad tensioner monoseal insures a leak resistant seal.
- Superior materials and proprietary low friction coatings provide longevity and
- High quality 44mm contact diameter bearing maximizes clutch modulation and provides reliable operation.
- Compact XLT (1.6 HP) Super Starter. 40000 Series (3.0 HP) Super Starter models are also available as an option. Contact Tilton for further information.
- Double Reduction Drop Gear design provides smooth engine cranking.
- Safety-wired fasteners.
- Reflective-type starter heat shield, designed to block radiant heat from exhaust headers, bolts directly to the starter (XLT only).